United States Mid-Amateur Championship Overview
- First championship: 1981
- Eligibility: Amateur golfers 25 and older with a Handicap Index of 3.4 or less
- Number of entries: Typically 4000+
- Number of qualifying sites: Typically 60+
- Number of players who will play in the national championship at Erin Hills and Blue Mound Golf & Country Club: 264
- Number of players who advance to match play at Erin Hills: 64
- Traditional exemption and invitation for champion: To the following year’s U.S. Open Championship and Masters Tournament
- Notable champions include Jim Holtgrieve (1981), Jay Sigel (1983, 1985, 1987), David Eger (1988), Tim Jackson (1994 and 2001), Nathan Smith (2003, 2009, 2010, 2012), and Stewart Hagestad (2016, 2021)
- Admission is free. Free parking is onsite at Erin Hills and at Blue Mound is in the eastern side of the Mayfair Mall parking lot.
- There will be limited roping and staking. Spectators will often be able to walk down each fairway as long as they do not get in the way of the group they are watching or the following group (e.g., promptly leave the landing area so the following group can play).
Food & Beverage
At Erin Hills breakfast and lunch will be available for purchase in the Clubhouse, and snacks and light fare will be available for purchase at the 9th green and 13th tee.
|September 8 – 9 (Thursday – Friday)||Practice rounds at Erin Hills and Blue Mound Golf & Country Club|
|September 10 – 11 (Saturday – Sunday)||Stroke play at Erin Hills and Blue Mound Golf & Country Club|
|September 12 (Monday)||Round One of Match Play (64 players) at Erin Hills|
|September 13 (Tuesday)||Rounds Two (32 players) and Three (16 players) of Match Play at Erin Hills|
|September 14 (Wednesday)||Quarter-Finals and Semi-Finals of Match Play at Erin Hills|
|September 15 (Thursday)||36-hole Final at Erin Hills|